Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Bay Area's "Top 100 Restaurants"

Every once in a while you hear someone get so overwhelmingly excited that they utter the ridiculous phrase, "Christmas came twice this year!" Is there really something that can get you so ecstatic that you could compare it to a morning full of presents under the tree, egg nog, Christmas jingles, and the picturesque scene of a beautiful family cuddled around a roaring fireplace while it snows outside?

I say yes. 

Damn right I say yes, and that something is the yearly "Bay Area's Top 100 Restaurants" list which is published by the San Francisco Chronicle, and written by Michael Bauer. For me, unwrapping the plastic newspaper bag is comparable to the thick Christmas paper that hugs a Macy's box. The only difference is that I'm not disappointed when I find a brand new list of "restaurants to eat through,"as opposed to an unattractive sweater that's a size too small from Aunt Sally. Clearly, I'm a selfish foodie. 

My joint love of ordering alcoholic drinks - which I can thank the University of California, Santa Barbara for - combined with my adoration to try any and all foods that my embarrassingly slim wallet can afford resulted in an ear to ear grin after reading this line, just sentences into the article: 

"If there was one trend that summed up what's happened in the past year, it's the further refinement of the bar/restaurant."

First thought? "It really is Christmas." I've already have some personal favorites of the increasingly popularizing "bar/restaurant" scene in the Bay Area including FlybarAbbot's Cellar, and Trick Dog in San Francisco, and all 3 made this year's list. The article, as well as the Top 100 List is attached below for your devouring pleasure. Be sure to pass this treasure map of an article forward!

 

Read more: http://www.sfchronicle.com/restaurants/article/Top-100-Bay-Area-restaurants-2013-trends-4488081.php#ixzz2TJL8CAwM



No comments:

Post a Comment