Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wednesday's Whistle Wetter: #1

I love drinking.

I also love writing.

So. In an effort to maintain a little more regularity in my blog posts, as well as give me an excuse to try new drinks throughout the week, each Wednesday I'll publish a post dedicated to a new or cool drink that I come across. I think I might be more excited about this than anyone reading....

To kick things off, we'll start this week with the Rooster Tail Trio (of shots). Don't get too excited, only one of the shots is alcoholic. The formula is easy, and drinking the tequila is even easier - and that's not something you hear too often. The Rooster Tail Trio goes as follows:

**(Taken from Whattodrink.com)

      Ingredients you need

  • 1 shot Tequila













































  • 1 shotOrange Juice
  • 1 shotTomato Juice
  • 1 dashSalt
How to make a Rooster TailLick hand and put a dash of salt on hand, then lick salt and drink Tequila first, then orange juice, then tomatoe juice













I first stumbled (no pun intended) across this drink at a high end bar in Santa Cruz, CA where I was visiting my friend for his birthday. Why the waitress acknowledged 5 degenerate young adults, all of which were in no need of attention from the bartender, is beyond me. However, we finagled our way to the bar and ordered their famous "Rooster Tail Trio."I was sure to mention that the restaurant was "high end," as I am trying to convey it as the furthest thing from a dive bar you could possibly imagine. This is why: our Rooster shots were served up, 3 glasses for each of us. The first was top shelf tequila, the second was fresh squeezed orange juice, and the third was tomato soup that was made in house.

THAT is how a Rooster Tail Trio is supposed to be served up, and that little bar probably ruined this drink for me forever; that is unless, someone else is willing to fresh squeeze me orange juice and make me tomato soup.

And of course, the age old question: "how much did those cost?" Well, months later, we're wondering the same thing. I gave the bartender my credit card to pay and we tipped in cash out of fear of how much our tab ended up being. So, if any of you are in Santa Cruz, CA and run into what we call, "The Rooster Room," have a drink (or 3) and let us know.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment